This document is an Addendum to Archery Canada's 2017 Canadian Archery Team Selection Policy for individual and team events. The purpose of this Addendum is to define the specific process and criteria used by Archery Canada (AC) to select the compound/recurve and barebow archery athletes that AC will send to compete at the 2018 World Field Championship, to be held in Cortina, Italy from September 4-9, 2018.
Only three men and three women in the Compound, Recurve, Barebow division in the Senior and Junior age classes will be sent to the 2018 World Field Championship.
This is a self-funded event. AC will endeavor to fund a team leader to this event to support the team but is not guaranteed.
2) DECISION AUTHORITY
Under the guidance of Archery Canada's High-Performance Committee (HPC), the Selection Approval Panel is the sole decision-making authority for the approval of nominations of athletes.
3) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for the 2018 WORLD FIELD CHAMPIONSHIP
To be eligible for selection to compete at this Championship, archery athletes must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below:
a) Shoot a compound, recurve or barebow.
b) Be a Canadian citizen and have a Canadian passport.
c) Have a valid Canadian passport that does not expire on or before March 1st, 2019.
d) The athlete must have achieved the Archery Canada qualifying scores as outlined below in clause 4) B).
e) The athlete must have demonstrated in 2017 and in 2018 that he/she is capable of shooting the minimum qualifying score in tournaments leading up to the 2018 World Field Championship.
4) TEAM SELECTION PROCEDURES
A) PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVE
The objective of the team selection process is: Select athletes with a reasonable probability of finishing in the top quarter of the men's and women's competition.
The following specific criteria will be used for the selection of compound/recurve and barebow archery athletes to compete at the 2018 World Field Championship:
- Archers must have participated in the 2017 AC Canadian Outdoor Championships if there was a division offered
- Archers must shoot and submit scores for two (2) registered (AC /World Archery) or other World Archery member national associations (e.g. USA Archery) between March 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018, archers in the first priority will be selected first
- Archers must shoot and submit a score for one (1) registered (AC /World Archery) or other World Archery member national associations (e.g. USA Archery) between March 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018, archers in the second priority will be selected if there are open spaces left
- If an archer intends to participate in the 2018 World Field Championships they must make that intention know by email to the Compound Target/Field coordinator by June 25th, 2018
- It is the archer’s sole responsibility to submit qualifying scores to the Compound & Field Archery Coordinator in a timely manner. Submit scores to Sean McKenty. A list of archers with submitted qualifying scores will be posted on the AC website as they are received.
Ranking scores will be determined as follows:
The top three (3) archers and one (1) alternate with the highest average score equal to or above the minimum ranking scores that have participated in the 2017 AC Canadian Outdoor Field Championship will make up the team.
The minimum ranking scores for selection are as follows: 2(two) combined score levels for each division are as follows for Priority 1 with Priority 2 score levels in brackets
|Senior Men's Compound:||780 (390)||Senior Men’s Recurve:||680 (340)|
|Senior Women's Compound:||740 (370)||Senior Women’s Recurve:||620 (310)|
|Junior Boys Compound:||740 (370)||Junior Boys Recurve:||620 (310)|
|Junior Girls Compound:||710 (355)||Junior Girls Recurve:||570 (285)|
|Senior Men’s Barebow:||624 (312)|
|Senior Women’s Barebow:||548 (274)|
|Junior Boys Barebow:||520 (260)|
|Junior Girls Barebow:||480 (240)|
The athletes meeting the above criteria, will be approved and notified by the AC Selection Approval Panel no later than Friday, July 6th, 2018
Any eligible athlete wishing to appeal their omission from the National Team that will compete at the 2018 World Field Championship, must follow the Archery Canada Appeal Policy.